Floripa Surf Lesson
Enjoy the chance of learning to surf where the world-renowned surfers Neco and Teco Padaratz learnt to surf, and where many other Brazilian professional surfers chose to live, like Fabio Gouveia, Guga Arruda and many others.
Participants will meet their surf instructor, who will assess the best surf conditions for each participant's level. The lessons are personalized, with the local surf instructor getting in the water with the participants. The lessons are always great fun, and comfortable.
Participants get to enjoy one and a half hour surfing lessons at the popular Santa Catarina (SC) surfing locales of Barra da Lagoa or Joaquina beach, on the east side of the island.
The beginner lessons focus on basic skills and safety. Intermediate surfers will learn how to turn the board, to drop or take off and other maneuvers on the wave. Advanced surfers will concentrate on techniques for negotiating challenging waves and will quite likely explore areas with more difficult breaks. All participants will be familiarized with this new sea environment and its currents.
- Pick-up at hotel and drive to the beach (it can be arranged / not included in the price)
- Stretching and warming-up on the beach
- Instructions and surf lesson
- Rest at the beach
- Return to the hotel (it can be arranged / not included in the price)
- Difficulty level: no previous experience required
- Minimum group size: one
- Departure: daily
- Included: surfboard, clothes and instructor
- Not included: meals and drinks.
Recommendations: Light clothes, swimming suit, towel, sun screen and extra money for meals and drinks.